Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Easy, economical, one dish meal. A different way to serve chicken. Haven't tried this yet but sounds like it would be very good.
- 8 ounces macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups diced, cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed (or 1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) jarchopped pimientos, , drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Combine cooked macaroni, chicken, soup, milk, pimientos, salt and pepper in a greased 2 1/2-quart casserole.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered in a 400° oven for 25 minutes, or until hot.
This was very good! I did add/change a few things to use up the leftovers I had. I used broccoli instead of peas and diced tomatoes instead of pimentoes. I also added 1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese (I doubled the recipe), garlic powder and a pinch nutmeg. Since I was doubling the recipe and only had one can of cr. chicken soup, I also added cr. mushroom soup. Now my fridge is empty except for this yummy casserole!