Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Don't freak out! That'd just be your regular frozen green peas! Peas are optional but good, and supply the veggie for the meal. Another quick and easy oven entree. from Southern Living Cooking Light, 10/91
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (sweet or hot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 -6 chicken thighs, skinned
- fresh mushrooms, sliced, any quantity
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth or 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a shallow 2 quart casserole.
- Place chicken thighs in casserole, turning to coat all sides.
- Add mushrooms (sliced or whole).
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Add peas; re-cover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until peas are tender.
- Actually, I bake the last 10 minutes or so uncovered to reduce the liquid somewhat. Or you can thicken the liquid for sauce.