Recipe by Recipe Junkie
From the Bread of Life cookbook from North Creek Presbyterian Church in Mill Creek, WA. The last four ingredients can be doubled to make extra gravy. This chicken can be refrigerated for a few hours between steps 5 and 6.
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, quartered
- salt, pepper and ginger to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil, to saute in
- 1⁄4 cup sauterne white wine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub salt, pepper and ginger onto chicken and brown in butter.
- Put chicken in one layer in flat baking dish.
- Mix together wine, soup, cheese and coffee.
- Place in saute pan and mix well.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and bake 325 for 45 minutes.
- Baste and continue cooking 30 minutes.
- Serve with hot, cooked rice or over egg noodles.