Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is very simple and some would call plain. My kids liked it—nuff said.
- 4 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 oz. each)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (eyeball it)
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°; place chicken in a oiled 8x8 inch glass baking dish.
- Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mushrooms and parsley evenly among tops of breasts.
- Cover each with a cheese slice.
- Bake, uncovered, about 35-40 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and cheese is melted.