Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty and satisfying main dish for 12 or 15 people
Make and share this Chicken and Broccoli Party Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagewide spiral shaped pasta (prepare according to package directions)
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken base (Tone's Chicken Base, may substitute powdered chicken bouillon)
- 4 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (flavors vary, use your favorite brand)
- 1 (24 ounce) bag chicken meat (frozen, cubed, pre-cooked)
- 2⁄3 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄4 cups nonfat sour cream
- 6 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles as directed. Simmer broccoli in a little water. Thaw chicken meat.
- In large saucepan, place water, chicken base or bouillon, onion flakes, garlic salt, olives, and margarine. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to slight simmer. If using bouillon, stir until dissolved.
- Drain noodles and broccoli. Add broccoli and chicken to noodles. Mix well and spread evenly in the bottom of a large disposable aluminum roasting pan (place pan on a cookie sheet for added stability).
- Cover noodle mixture with a generous layer of grated cheese.
- To the bouillon and onion broth add the soup and sour cream. Heat until just boiling. Stir well to combine.
- Pour the soup mixture evenly over the cheese layer.
- Place pan in oven and bake 35-40 minutes.
- Note: a small can of mushrooms may also be added to this dish -- mix into pasta along with chicken and broccoli.