Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I thought this sounded like a good way to use up leftover chicken (or store roasted chicken) for a quick weeknight supper. Recipe source: realtor's flyer.
- 4 cups bow tie pasta, cooked and drained according to package direcions (or other macaroni pasta)
- 1 cup asparagus, tips only
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch basil, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, shredded, garnish
- In a large skillet saute garlic in the olive oil. Add asparagus and cook until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except for the pasta), cooking until hot.
- Stir in pasta and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with shredded parmesan cheese.
I made this last night and it is superb. Like many pastas, it does really, really well the next day. The flavors really blend well. I used canned artichoke hearts because it is what I had on hand and added a bit of cooked chicken. (DH has to have his MEAT... Thanks for a great recipe!!
This was very tasty, easy to make and colorful on the plate. It looked and tasted like something that would be served in a bistro restaurant. I used 2 cups of chicken, about 3/4 cup of dried tomatoes, and everything else the same as the recipe. I used penne pasta.
Very good. This comes together so quickly and is quite flavorful. I used some rotisserie chicken, and I cut down the sundried tomatoes to a half-cup - the flavor is so strong I thought 1 full cup would be overpowering. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. Served with a green salad and a baguette smeared with roasted garlic. DH & I enjoyed on a quiet Sat night with some Chardonnay. :) (Chose as part of Pick A Chef '05) Thanks, ellie!