Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this when I was looking for a way to use Amaretto in Main dishes. It can be made into a pot pie too.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic powder
- curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1 grated lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pepperidge farm patty shell
- Cut chicken into 1 inch wide strips. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder.
- Roll strips in flour. Heat butter in large skillet. Brown chicken pieces on all sides. Add mushrooms, Amaretto, grated lemon rind and juice. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth and cornstarch. Stir mixture into skillet. Stir over low heat until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Season to taste with salt, if necessary. Spoon mixture into baked patty shells. Garnish with parsley and diced tomato, if desired. Makes 6 servings.
So much better than it sounds. I have served this to guests who thought they didn't like curry and they loved it. Great as left overs,too.
I have made this a great many times over the years. Its easy to make and very impressive. Di Saronna recommends the patty shells but over a bed of rice or noodles is great too for a heartier meal.