Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
I found this when I was looking for a way to use Amaretto in Main dishes. It can be made into a pot pie too.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- garlic powder
- curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1 grated lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- pepperidge farm patty shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 1 inch wide strips. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder and curry powder.
- Roll strips in flour. Heat butter in large skillet. Brown chicken pieces on all sides. Add mushrooms, Amaretto, grated lemon rind and juice. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth and cornstarch. Stir mixture into skillet. Stir over low heat until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Season to taste with salt, if necessary. Spoon mixture into baked patty shells. Garnish with parsley and diced tomato, if desired. Makes 6 servings.