Recipe by gertc96
Chicken Alfredo is one of my favorite meals. What a better way to savor that flavor and enjoy it then mixed in with a salad as well. I found this recipe in the Pillsbury 2008 annual recipes cookbook.
Top Review by p23brian
We didn't care for the flavor of the seasoning packet that came with the pasta salad mix (Betty Crocker Classic). But this recipe definitely has potential. I think we'll probably try it again without the pasta salad mix, just using plain pasta and Alfredo sauce. The fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and basil seem like they can do OK on their own without the seasoning packet.
- 1 (7 3/4 ounce) boxof classic pasta mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce, refrigerated
- 1 1⁄2 cups deli rotisserie-cooked chicken, skinless and shredded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3 qrt saucepan, cook pasta as directed on box. Place the two packets aside for future use.
- Drain; rinse with cold water to cool and set aside.
- In small bowl mix seasoning from packet with the alfredo sauce.
- Place cooked pasta, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber, and basi in large serving bowl.
- Add alfredo mixture; toss evenly to coat.
- Sprinkle top with topping packet from pasta sald mix and basil sprig if desired.