Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I rarely do one dish meals, but this dish is great! It tastes like Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo, except I use cream cheese in the sauce.
- 1 package dry pasta, i use spagehtti
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- While pasta is cooking, Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces and sautee' in a drizel of olive oil or butter. season with salt & pepper wheil it is cooking.
- In a different pan, melt cream cheese and butter in a skillet over low heat. wisk until smooth. Stir in milk, and season with garlic powder,red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Mix in cooked chicken, broccoli, and red pepper. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, then reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve over pasta.