Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
An authentic Filipino recipe, delicious!
- 8 -9 chicken thighs
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low sodium soy sauce
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion (cut into rings)
- 8 garlic cloves (chopped up)
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- jasmine rice
- In pressure cooker, combine water, soy sauce, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, bay leaves, sherry wine, black pepper and molasses.
- In a separate pan, heat olive oil over medium to medium high heat. Brown the chicken thighs on both sides. Once browned, add directly to the liquid in the pressure cooker. Stir a bit to get the chicken thighs down into the liquid.
- Place lid on pressure cooker and use the pre-set for chicken or manually set it for 25 minute Seal the cooker and press start.
- Use this time to cook some jasmine rice. Make as much as you like and simply follow the directions on the bag. When the rice is done, remove it from the burner so the bottom doesn't burn and get hard.
- When time is up release the pressure and open the cooker. Remove the bay leaves. Serve chicken and sauce over jasmine rice, ENJOY!
Very easy recipe - and good, too. I halved the recipe and used four boneless chicken breasts. I cut the cooking time down to 15 minutes and it came out perfectly!! Thanks for sharing.
The photo shows carrot, but the recipe does not include this among the ingredients. The recipe directions call for releasing the pressure by running the pressurized cooker under cold water. Don't. You could damage the pot, and the safety systems built into the cooker could malfunction. I understand this recipe was written a few years ago, but it really should be edited.
great recipe. a little salty, but one we will make again. thank you