Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Entered for safe-keeping, adapted from fastcooking.ca. (which promotes Fagor pressure cookers). For duck sauce, try Chinese Duck Sauce, or Duck Sauce - from Scratch, or Duck Sauce. The recipe recommended the combination of apricot preserves, white vinegar, honey and crushed hot red pepper flakes. White rice and stir-fried broccoli would be good sides for this. A 6-quart or larger pressure cooker should be big enough.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (15 mL)
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces (1.3-1.6 kg)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (2 mL)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram (2 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (60 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium low-fat chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese duck sauce (125 mL)
- In the pressure cooker, add oil and brown on all sides as many chicken pieces as will fit at one time without touching.
- Remove chicken and reserve on a warm platter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika and marjoram.
- Pour off the fat from the pressure cooker, and blot residual oil, but leave fond in pot. Deglaze with wine and stock.
- Arrange the chicken on top. Brush with the duck sauce.
- Secure the lid and bring to high pressure, then lower heat and cook 8-10 minutes for bone-in chicken breasts or 5-7 minutes for bone-in legs or thighs. (Begin timing once up to pressure.).
- Remove from heat. Allow pressure to drop by the quick release method or automatic release method recommended by your pressure cooker manual. Remove lid.
- Remove the chicken to a warm platter and boil down the sauce until it is thick and syrupy. Serve, spooning sauce over chicken.