Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An authentic Mexican dish.
- 100 g pork rinds, in small pieces (chicharron)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 link chorizo sausage, crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 -2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup hot water
- salt, to taste
- chopped pickled jalapeno pepper (to taste)
- Sautee onion in hot cooking oil until it is light brown.
- Add the crumbled chorizo and stir fry till chorizo is cooked.
- Add the pieces of the crackly pork rind (chicharron) and the rest of the ingredients.
- simmering until the pork rind is soft.
- Beat eggs slightly and add to the above preparation, mixing well, cooking to the scrambled eggs stage.