1/8 Photos of Chic Chef's Citrus Sorbetto
A blend of lemon, orange and lime juices are brightened by a confetti of zests that add a special a zing. Time does not include chilling or mixing in your ice cream maker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar and water in a small pot, bring to a boil reduce and simmer just until sugar is dissolved, let cool.
- 2Stir together all the juices, zests and vanilla, add in ½ cup of sugar syrup, taste and add more until desired sweetness is reached; with a ½ cup of syrup, this is a tart and refreshing sorbetto which makes a perfect palate cleanser. Add more syrup for a sweeter flavor, especially if serving children.
- 3Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.
- 5Every ice cream maker is different; follow the general directions for yours. My gelato machine allows me to only have to slightly cool the syrup, you may have to chill syrup & juice blend before mixing.
- 6You may serve the sorbetto right away, or pack in a freezer container and allow to ripen.
- 7With ½ cup syrup this makes a scant pint.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chic Chef's Citrus Sorbetto
Serving Size: 1 (582 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 158.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 147.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of
lemons, zest of
oranges, zest of