Recipe by momaphet
A blend of lemon, orange and lime juices are brightened by a confetti of zests that add a special a zing. Time does not include chilling or mixing in your ice cream maker.
Top Review by Annacia
It would not be hard to eat the full pint at one time. I used Splenda to replace the sugar and used about half of the zest ask for, mainly because I hate grating the stuff. About 20 mins in the ice cream maker produced a beautiful and delicious sorbet. Can't wait for the weather to heat up because this will be even better in the heat.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, fresh
- 1 lime, juice of, 2-4 TBLS
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and water in a small pot, bring to a boil reduce and simmer just until sugar is dissolved, let cool.
- Stir together all the juices, zests and vanilla, add in ½ cup of sugar syrup, taste and add more until desired sweetness is reached; with a ½ cup of syrup, this is a tart and refreshing sorbetto which makes a perfect palate cleanser. Add more syrup for a sweeter flavor, especially if serving children.
- Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.
- Every ice cream maker is different; follow the general directions for yours. My gelato machine allows me to only have to slightly cool the syrup, you may have to chill syrup & juice blend before mixing.
- You may serve the sorbetto right away, or pack in a freezer container and allow to ripen.
- With ½ cup syrup this makes a scant pint.