Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is my husbands comfort food that brings back good memories of his college years & yummy meals that his mom would send his way. As he always said. "Mom's number one ingredient was Love." So her food was great comfort to him when he was off enjoying his college years.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked & diced
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups instant rice (prepared to directions on box)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- garlic salt
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar and provolone cheese
- In a large skillet saute frozen broccoli and onion in 2 tablespoons of butter till tender. Add in all remaining ingredients except cheeses. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Pour all ingredients into a greased 13x9 baking dish. Cover with cheeses and bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes until brown and bubbly. Serve hot.
I have not tried this but at 36 g of fat and over 700 calories per serving it has GOT to be good!!