Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
When I saw this in my Food Network Magazine by Giada I knew I had to try it. What a great way to start the day with this healthy breakfast. Look for chia seeds at health food stores. Here's a history on WHY I am having a love affair with these little seeds: They are considered a “super food” delivering the maximum amount of nutrients with minimal calories. The seeds are packed with vitamins, minerals, and fabulous antioxidants that protect your body against free radicals, prevent cancer, and fight aging. Chia also contains more protein than other whole grains, and has a high fiber content. Two tablespoons of chia seeds contain 11 grams of fiber, which will keep you feeling full. They are the best plant-based source of omega-3 fatty acids on the planet. this pudding is the best thing in the world or that it’s my favorite breakfast because it’s not, it is pretty delightful once you get used to the somewhat strange texture. Read. Prep time is overnight sitting
- In medium bowl, gently whisk almond milk, yogurt, 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt until just blended.
- Whisk in chia seeds; let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir to distribute seeds if they have settled.
- Cover & refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in medium bowl toss berries with remaining 4 teaspoons maple syrup.
- Mix in almonds.
- Spoon pudding into bowls or glasses;.
- Mound berry mixture on top and serve.