Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Healthy and yummy! Chia seeds have more antioxidents than blueberries. The consistency of the chia seeds is like the pulp of the limes Recipe courtesy Marcela Valladolid Show: Mexican Made Easy, Episode: Marcela's Taco Stand
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (and 1 cup cold water)
- 4 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed
- In a medium bowl, mix the chia seeds with 1 cup cold water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain and rinse the seeds.
- Mix 4 cups cold water and the sugar in a medium pitcher, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the lime juice and stir to combine. Mix in the chia seeds. Garnish with mint leaves and serve over ice.
- Note: Chia seeds can be found in health food stores or natural grocery stores.