Recipe by Raincloud_specialty
I created this recipe on accident. I was using a recipe a friend had given me for chocolate chip cookies, but having a brother who is lactose intolerant, and having family members who have been told by doctors not to eat chocolate, I changed the recipe just enough to make it my own. It was a real crowd pleaser, too.
- 532.32 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 2 eggs (To lower cholesterol the 2 eggs could be replaced with 3 egg whites)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Put shortening into medium sized bowl.
- Using electric beater, beat in brown and white sugars.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift and beat in flour mixture.
- Beat for 2-3 minutes or until dough is light and fluffy.
- Stir in raisins.
- Spoon onto ungreased baking pan, about two inches apart.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.