1/2 Photos of Chewy Raisin Cookies
I created this recipe on accident. I was using a recipe a friend had given me for chocolate chip cookies, but having a brother who is lactose intolerant, and having family members who have been told by doctors not to eat chocolate, I changed the recipe just enough to make it my own. It was a real crowd pleaser, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 2Put shortening into medium sized bowl.
- 3Using electric beater, beat in brown and white sugars.
- 4Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 5Sift and beat in flour mixture.
- 6Beat for 2-3 minutes or until dough is light and fluffy.
- 7Stir in raisins.
- 8Spoon onto ungreased baking pan, about two inches apart.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Raisin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 159.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g