Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cut from an old magazine ages ago - the picture of them is very pretty and I thought they would be good for a childrens party.
- Preheat oven to 120C.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Using electric beater whisk egg whites and salt till soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, a spoonful at a time.
- Whisk between each addition until combined.
- Continue to whisk for 2 minutes until thick and glossy and all sugar dissolved.
- Divide mix i half.
- Sprinkle 3 or 4 drops food colouring into one batch.
- Fold through the mix with metal spoon until colouring is just streaked through mix.
- Repeat with second batch and second colour.
- Use 2 teaspoons to spoon mix onto tray to form meringues.
- Place on oven, reduce temp to 90 C, bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and allow meringues to cool in oven.
*Reviewed for Aussie Forum Recipe Tag * My daughters loved these. An easy meringue recipe and they really did look very pretty. My girls chose pink and purple- but the pink was an 'all natural' food colour and didn't turn out very bright. The purple was very dark and they looked fantastic. Photos being posted