Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
Bake up a batch of these giant cookies to send as a welcome lunchbox surprise.
- 4 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chunks or 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding flour mixture, until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls. 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. (do not overbake.) Let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets.