I was making popcorn balls w/candy corn and chocolate chip faces when I ran out of time on Halloween. Threw it all together and everyone actually liked it better! And the time factor is definitely a plus! Put it in a fun bowl and it just LOOKS like Halloween!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb butter (I've only used butter, don't know if margarine works)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- orange food coloring (optional)
- popped popcorn
- 6 ounces traditional candy corn
- 6 ounces chocolate candy corn
- 6 ounces real chocolate chips
- any family favorite halloween candy
- 1In heavy medium pan melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Stir in Karo and sugar until dissolved.
- 3Add food coloring to desired color. Darker is better. Bring to a boil. (The less it boils the chewier it will be but needs at least 2 minutes).
- 4While syrup is boiling, pop your popcorn. I make 1 full batch in my popcorn popper. (It can take about 2 batches in an air popper.you will have to adj to what you have).
- 5Put the popped popcorn in an over-sized bowl or roasting pan.
- 6Add your vanilla into the orange colored syrup and pour it over the popcorn, mixing quickly to coat every piece.
- 7Now add the candy corn and mix well.
- 8Let it cool a bit before adding the chocolate chips so they don't completely melt.
- 9Break up any big pieces in bite sizes and enjoy.
- 10Make another batch with the remaining candy since this one is now gone!
Browse Our Top Halloween Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chewy Halloween Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.1
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 228.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 36.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: