Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are quick to make and a treat to eat..if you like a topping that is less sweet..add about 1 tbls lemon juice sometimes I add nuts..macadamia, pecans walnuts..whatever hits my fancy at the time
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and melted butter. Using a wooden spoon, mix until a soft dough forms.
- Press firmly into prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until blended.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and vanilla., Stir in nuts and coconut.
- Spread over warm crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 25-30 minutes or till set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.cut into bars.