Recipe by Erin Crable
This sweet, chewy snack mix is addictive. It has been a family favorite for years. When I'm craving something sweet, I always make this. You can add extras to make it your own, or just enjoy as is. You better make a double batch, because it goes quickly.
Top Review by JackieMarie
This is wonderful! I am making it for a weekend up north and doubled it. I think I should have even tripled it! Next time I make it I might try adding some cashews or peanuts, I think something salty in it would be really good too! Thanks for a great recipe! **After taking it upnorth, I noticed that the mixture stays together, it's not like you can grab a handful and go, so I think a light dusting of confectioners sugar would help that. Definately will be making again!
- 3 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups raisins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal and raisins.
- In a saucepan, bring to boil butter, syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Boil 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and pour over cereal mixture.
- Stir until completely coated.
- Spread mix on clean countertop or wax paper to cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.