Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Source: Kraft foods Cooking time is refrigeration time
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookies, crushed and divided (about 18 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cherry gelatin (4-serving size)
- 2⁄3 cup maraschino cherry, drained, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- Mix 1 cup of the crushed cookies and the butter; press firmly onto bottom of 9-inch square pan.
- Set remaining crushed cookies aside for later use.
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add cherries and corn syrup; stir until well blended.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour over crust.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Spread with whipped topping just before serving; sprinkle with the remaining crushed cookies.
- Cut into 16 squares to serve.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.