Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chewy yummy Christmas cookies! Bring these to your next Party!
- 3 3⁄4 cups slivered almonds
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 slivered almonds
- Process almonds in a food processor 9 minutes or until a paste forms, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Beat egg whites at medium speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Combine almond paste, sugar, cardamom and cinnamon in a bowl, mixing with hands until blended.
- Add egg whites; knead by hand until smooth and doughlike consistency.
- Wet fingers with water, and shape dough into 1-inch balls (about 1 tablespoon dough for each cookie).
- Slightly flatten with thumb.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Top each with almond sliver pressed in lightly.
- Bake on middle rack of oven at 325° for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove cookies immediately to wire racks; cool.
I am amazed at how well these turned out. I made these for a Christmas party and received numerous compliments. Make sure you double this recipe! Thanks!