Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
An incredibly simple recipe for those of us who are not gifted in the art of candy-making :) No cooking, just melting white chocolate - my sons and I will be making these to give as gifts this year.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 1⁄4 cup marzipan
- 16 ounces white chocolate, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Cut each cherry halfway through so you can spread it open.
- Place a pea-size ball of marzipan inside each cherry. Press halves together and set aside.
- In a small microwavable bowl, melt 8 ounces white chocolate on medium power in the microwave for 30-second intervals until melted. Stir well.
- Dip cherries in melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper to harden.
- When chocolate has hardened, melt remaining white chocolate and dip cherries again. Place on parchment paper to cool. Before the chocolate actually sets and hardens, roll each candy in the coconut - then place back on the parchment paper and let harden for at least 1 hour.
Lovely combination of flavors. I love the taste combination of cherry and almond. But getting the white chocolate on it a messy task. Next time I will use a bag to apply the second coat.