Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't made this yet, but it sounds like the perfect beverage (for kids & adults) on those hot summer days & warm nites spent w/family or friends on your patio, at poolside or on a picnic. My source here is the Cherry Marketing Institute. Stated time does not include refrigeration time. Enjoy!
- 1 (32 ounce) bottle cherry juice, blend
- 1 (6 ounce) jar maraschino cherries (undrained)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 orange (thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon (thinly sliced)
- 2 (10 ounce) bottles club soda (chilled) or 2 (10 ounce) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage (chilled)
- In a lrg pitcher, combine cherry juice blend, maraschino cherries w/their liquid, orange juice & lemon juice. Mix well. Add orange & lemon slices. Cover & refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, add club soda or lemon-lime carbonated beverage of choice & stir gently.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses. Garnish w/additional maraschino cherries &/or orange slices as desired.
We really enjoyed this drink, just the right amount of tart and sweet. I used the club soda and it was refreshing and perfect, thanks! Made for ZWT8 Bistro Babes :)
This is very good. Nice and sweet. I used Fresca for the soda, and it was a great blend of flavors. My kids loved this sweet drink, even the one that doesn't like cherries :) I'd like to try it with cranberry juice too. Made and Reviewed for Football Pool #17 - Congrats on your win! Thanks :)
What a terrific drink to serve with our Christmas breakfast. I couldn't find cherry juice and wasn't near a Trader Joe's (whom I know has it), so I substituded cranberry juice. Since that is already tart, I decided to use the lemon-lime soda to add. It's just right with that. Thanks for the delicious drink!