Recipe by Vyrianna
This recipe may be microwaved instead of cooked on the stove. If you wish to microwave it mix liquid, sugar and corn starch, microwave on "High" 2 or 3 minutes or until mixture thickens and boils. Stir once during cooking.
Top Review by Melissa S.
I used vanilla extract instead of almond and had to use flour as I didn't have cornstarch on hand but I used the microwave version and still came out very good. Probably would've been about perfect if I had cornstarch
- 473.18 ml tart cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 177.44 ml liquid (juice or water)
- 59.14-118.29 ml sugar (sweeten to taste)
- 44.37 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend corn starch and sugar. (The amount of sugar can vary according to taste and if the cherries were frozen with sugar or not.)
- Drain juice from cherries and add water to make 3/4 cup liquid. Stir liquid into corn starch mixture.
- Stir mixture on high heat until mixture thickens and boils.
- Remove from heat, stir in almond extract and gently fold in cherries.