Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hey I live near Door County, how can I not have a few cherry recipes here? This cake is cool. The cherries sink to the bottom and the marshmallows melt and rise to the top for a glaze on this easy, tasty cake! *Note: I used a Betty Crocker Super Moist White cake mix for this. Other types of Cake mixes with pudding in the mix may require additional baking time. EDIT: The marshmallow flavor isn't really pronounced. It's the magic in how they rise up make everything come together.
- Prepare cake mix. Beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs in a large bowl on LOW speed for 30 seconds, then on MEDIUM speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Set aside.
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with vegetable spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the bottom of the pan. Pour batter over marshmallows.
- Spoon cherry filling evenly over cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven 30 to 40 minutes.
- Top of cake will be bubbly and marshmallows will be sticky.
- Let cool before serving.
I used the Betty Crocker Vanilla cake mix. I also used pitted cherries as I was not sure what pie filling was, but thought these might be one and the same. The marshmallows did rise to the top creating a very pretty effect on the top of the cake. I found the cake fell apart a little bit when cutting, but overall this is a very quick and easy and quite tasty recipe.
Very good. One question is where you suppose to be able to taste the marshmallows because I couldn't tell it had marshmallows in it.