Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 whole Cornish hens
- 1 (25 ounce) jar cherries in syrup, pitted (sweet or sour)
- garlic powder
- Drain the syrup from the cherries; reserve cherries.
- Place cherry syrup in a plastic ziplock bag with the 2 Cornish hens.
- Seal and marinate hens (turn bag occasionally to distribute syrup) overnight in the refrigerator.
- Bring hens to room temperature 1 hour before roasting.
- Drain and pour syrup into the bottom of a roasting pan and place hens on a roast rack over the pan.Place some cherries in the cavity of the hens, reserve the others for garnish.
- Season hens to taste and rub or brush all over with honey.Roast hens 375°F for about 1 hour or done. Carefully remove hens to platter.
- Spoon the pan syrup and drippings over the hens and garnish with the reserved cherries.