Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Family Time Daily Dish.
Top Review by Munchkin Mama
Very, very, good cake! I actually thought it tasted better the next day. The marshmallows made a nice "glazey" topping and the cherries went to the bottom. Will definitely consider making again! Thanks!
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows (about 3/4 of a 10-1/2 ounce package)
- 18 1⁄4 ounces yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 egg whites
- 21 ounces cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Lay the marshmallows evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions. Pour the batter over the marshmallows. Spoon the cherry filling evenly over the cake batter.
- Remove pan from oven and cool on wire racks.
- After the cake is cool, cut into squares.