Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My older son very, very rarely asks me to prepare a specific food - so when he asked if I could make him a Cherry Limeade Cake, I wanted to make something to make him happy. This cake is on the tart side and will not appeal to everyone, but my baby boy found it irresistible :)
- 1 (18 ounce) packagepillsbury classic white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelopelemon-lime Kool-Aid
- 1 (3 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry Jell-O
- 1 (3 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cherry extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- Combine cake mix with oil, water, eggs and dry Kool-Aid; mix on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter into a 9 X 13 pan and bake at 325 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Heat limeade concentrate in microwave about 2 minutes until hot; dissolve lime Jello in limeade. Using chopsticks or wooden skewers, poke a LOT of holes all over the still-warm cake. Slowly pour the limeade-jello mixture over the cake, allowing the cake to absorb the liquid. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours, until cake is cold.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, instant vanilla pudding mix, cherry jello and cherry extract. Beat with electric mixer until smooth and gelatin is mostly dissolved. Fold in Cool Whip and frost cake.