Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice cookie any time. (Note these are a slice and bake cookie. Prep time does not include refrigeration time to set the dough.)
- Mix butter, eggs, brown sugar, and flour until well combined.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla, cherries, and nuts.
- Roll dough into logs that are approximately 1 inch around. Wrap in waxed paper and place in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice logs into 1 inch rounds and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes before transfering to a cooling rack.
This is a winner recipe for sure! They were easy to prepare, which is always a bonus when I'm doing my Christmas -time baking. They came out tender and moist, and I especially loved the flavor of the dried cherries -- not overly sweet, and full of flavor. The cookies were even better the second day -- so buttery and rich. Delicious! I was making these cookies as part of a holiday platter, so I did drizzle some white chocolate glaze over the tops for a little decoration, and I received lots of compliments on your recipe. I'm so glad I have this to add to my cookie collection. Thanks!
What a lovely surprise these icebox cookies were. They were incredible Bugsy Mate. So flavorful, crisp and tender, we couldn't stop eating them. We really enjoyed the subtle hint of cinnamon in this easy to make butter cookie. I used dried cheeries and dried raspberries. I can't wait to make these again. Another winner from Bugsy. Thanks so much for sharing. I should tell you that I made chocolate chip cookies also and these disappeared first. Kudos to you.