Recipe by Chef#JD
I just made it & it tastes yummmmmmmmmmmmmm.... I found some of the ingredients from another recipe & added few of my things. You won't know the taste unless u try it so give it a shot. I promise you won't be disappointed.
- 375 ml maraschino cherries, in heavy syrup
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 -2 medium apple
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup oil (i used olive oil)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the cherries & keep the syrup aside.
- Mix cherries, dates, walnuts (coarsely chopped), apple (finely chopped), apricots (finely chopped) in a bowl.
- In another bowl add oil, eggs, orange juice, 1/2 cup cherry syrup (drained from cherries)& sugar.
- Beat for 2-4 minutes
- Add vanilla essence, salt & flour & mix slowly.
- Add baking powder & baking soda.
- Add the cherry- date mix.
- Pour in a greased baking dish & bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 40-45 minutes.