Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe posted by Laurie Sanders on JAP, a recipe site on Facebook. I had to post it here b/c it is so easy and yummy yet, it is posted as diabetic friendly. There is no cooking time because it is chilled and depends on your refrigerator. I cannot wait to make this! Laurie's Notes: "This can be made in parfait glasses or in a traditional trifle bowl. I make several variations of this including a sugar free raspberry jello and sugar free white chocolate pudding one. It is a huge hit with all diabetics that have eaten it and I am a diabetic myself. Most grocery store bakery departments in my area carry sugar free pound cake loaves." As you can see other combos of jello and pudding can be substituted.
- Slice pound cake and cut into six cubes per slice.
- Place 1 slice worth of cubes in the bottom of each parfait glasses (I used 6 glasses).
- Prepare jello in separate bowl by using 2 cups boiling water, then fill a 2 cup measure with ice cubes most of the way and add some cold water to make 2 cups of ice water. (I never have to remove unmelted cubes because they always melt.).
- Then add the frozen cherries and stir well.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes, stir and place in fridge for another 5 minutes.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of jello and cherries into each glass. Return to fridge to finish setting up.
- Once jello is set firm, prepare cheesecake pudding as instructed and quickly pour 1/3 cup of pudding (or more) into each glass.
- Lastly, top each parfait with Cool Whip to fill up the glasses and cover and chill.
- You can serve it immediately or it will hold well for 24-48 hours in the fridge.