Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are called cherry blossom crepes as the food colouring gives it a pink tinge and the bean paste looks like the centre of the flower. if you cannot find the bean paste try Tsubushi an - Sweet Bean Paste for Japanese Sweets and make your own.
- 100 g plain flour
- 200 ml water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- sunflower oil (for frying)
- 3 drops red food coloring
- little water
- 200 g sweet bean paste
- mix the flour, water, sugar and salt in a bowl. Whisk until smooth then add a teaspoon of sunflower oil.
- mix the food colouring with the water and add to the mix little by little until you get a light pink colour.
- leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- heat a tablespoon of oil in a pan and add enough batter to make a 10cm crepe. cook on one side and turn to cook the other.
- leave to cool.
- form a dsp of paste into a ball and place in the centre of the crepe. fold in half and then half again.
- serve 2 per person with green or jasmine tea.