Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my mother's Christmas cookie recipes, and one of our favorites when we were growing up. She usually serves them right out of the freezer, and they are a bit more tasty when they've been out of the fridge for a while. Use red or green cherries for variety!
- Mix all ingredients, except cherries and graham cracker crumbs, together into a paste.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop some paste into your hand and shape so that a cherry can be cradled.
- Wrap the paste around the cherry, using both hands to roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball in graham cracker crumbs.
- These can be stored either in the refrigerator or in the freezer.
My mother also used to make these (she still does sometimes) I've made these for my family and they were a hit!! Thank you for posting this recipe!!
My husband hooked me on these a few years ago - he says he can't have Christmas without them - and I've employed our daughter in making them since she was two years old (makes a huge mess, but it's great fun having her "help"), but I misplaced the recipe last year... Our usual recipe didn't call for coconut or OJ, but I like the balls even more with those added to the mix. :)
Great easy cookie to make.I sometimes use pineapple instead of cherries...