Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a magazine and just had to make it right away. It's really a dazzler! Just delicious and very attractive to serve.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract, divided
- 1 already baked pie crust (9inch)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted almond, chopped
- Over low heat, stir 1/2 cup milk and chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 t extract.
- Pour into crust.
- Save 8 of the cherries for garnish.
- Chop the rest of the cherries.
- In bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Slowly add water and remaining milk.
- Add the pudding mix and the remaining extract.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Stir in the chopped cherries, and almonds.
- Pour over the chocolate in pie crust.
- Garnish with whole cherries.
my family love this pie.. i have to make it at every holiday thank you very much for it..
How can this only have 5 and now 6 reviews, this was amazing! I had people wanting to know where I found this at. Instead of writing the resipe out so many times it was better to just email it.
I've been making this since first finding it in the 1997 Taste of Home magazine. It taste fabulous and I always have requests. I love the toasted almonds in it. Just made it for our bible class Christmas party and it was well loved. Thanks for posting as I can't always find my TOH magazines when I need them for a certain recipe. Instead of plain cherries on top, I like to top with cherry cordials. Yum.