Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the cookbook "Twelve Months of Monastery Soups"
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 onions, sliced
- 6 tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) jar pimientos, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mint, finely chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 6 slices bread
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a soup pot. Add onions, tomatoes, and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the pimientos, mint, stock, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Cover the soup and lower the heat to low-medium and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper. Blend the beaten egg with 4 tablespoons of the soup. Add this egg mixture to the soup and mix it well.
- Serve the soup hot over 1 slice of bread.