Recipe by Cherlyndria77
This recipe is absolute heaven, it gives you all of your daily dosage of veggies and about a month and a half's worth of flavour. Given to me by my good friend Chelsea, who 'borrowed' it from the trendy Italian restaurant that she waitressed for xx
Top Review by ozugo
I'm a huge fan of this recipe. I use it mainly as a 'guide', using whatever veggies I have around (I have a vegetable share at a local CSA). I've made it twice now, with completely different sets of veggies (only the tomatoes and zucchini were the same), and it came out beautifully both times.
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, chopped
- 6 baby squash, chopped
- 425 g tomatoes
- 1 (250 g) packet frozen spinach
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 500 g small shell pasta, cooked
- parmesan cheese, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan fry the onion, garlic, bay leaf, basil, chilli, zuccini, capsicum, mushrooms, and squash for 5-10 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add in the tomatoes and spinach, cover and let simmer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the ricotta, cream, salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to cooked pasta shells and stir through.
- Serve topped with parmesan cheese. Bellissimo!