Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a tasty main course soup that will use that abundance of zucchini, bell and banana peppers from your garden. Serve with some crusty bread and a nice Riesling for a perfect, light Summer dinner!
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup sweet bell pepper, chopped (seeds and membrane removed)
- 1 cup sweet banana pepper, sliced (seeds and membrane removed)
- 3 cups zucchini, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or use fresh basil and oregano)
- salt and pepper
- Saute sausage slices and onion until fat renders and slices are nicely browned. You could also use a pound of ground sausage in place of links, just drain the extra grease.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes
- May add cooked pasta if desired.