Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I love beets, whether harvard, pickled, or straight up; however, my partner thinks they taste like dirt ;-) We got some beets with our weekly farm shipment and I decided to show him he could like beets with a very simple preparation method my Grandma used. If you like gentle earthiness of beets, then you'll like this recipe. It allows the beets themselves to shine through.
- 1 lb beet, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- A food processor will make the slicing much easier.
- Combine all ingredients in baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the beets are tender.
- MAY have to add a tad bit more water, so keep an eye.