Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Two things I love...tuna and spinach!
- 4 ounces medium noodles
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, and sliced (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook noodles, drain. Meanwhile, press excess moisture from thawed spinach; set aside.
- In saucepan cook chopped onion in 3 TBS. butter til tender. Blend in flour, dry mustard, and salt. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add shredded cheese, stir tip melted. Stir in cooked noodles, thawed spinach, water chestnuts and tuna. Put in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Combine bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter and sprinkle atop. Bake in 350 oven for 40 to 45 minutes or tip heated through. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This was surprisingly good. For some reason I expected it to not be very good but it was cheesy, mild but flavorful. And, it felt fairly healthy. Would definitely make it again. Thanks for the great recipe Teena....