Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Gifts from the Christmas Kitchen
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 2⁄3 cup sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
- Beat cheeses, butter and water together in a bowl until blended.
- Mix in flour and salt. Stir in oats and sunflower seeds until combined.
- Shape into a 12 inch long roll; wrap securely.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours (or up to 1 week).
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Cut roll into 1/8-1/4 inch slices; flatten each slice slightly.
- Place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.