Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great side dish recipe with some heat.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 6 ounces jalapeno pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook spinach according to package directions.
- Drain well reserving 1/2 cup spinach liquid; set aside.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion until tender.
- Add flour; stir.
- Gradually stir in milk and spinach liquid to make sauce.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Stir in cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder, cooking until cheese is melted.
- Add spinach and mix well. Serve.
This turned out great. Even my non-spinach eating children liked it. Thanks!