Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found copied on notebook paper in an old recipe book.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 10 ounces Hungry Jack big flaky refrigerated biscuits
- 5 slices American cheese
- In a medium skillet, brown meat and onion; drain.
- Stir in chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and tomato sauce.
- Simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits.
- On a large ungreased cookie sheet, press or roll 5 biscuits to 5-inch circles.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup meat mixyire onto center of each flattened biscuit.
- Top each with 1 slice cheese.
- Press or roll remaining 5 biscuit to a 5-inch circle, place over cheese.
- Press edges to seal.
- Bake at 400F for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- To re-heat, wrap loosely in foil, heat at 375 F for 12-15 minutes.
This recipe was the best sloppy joe I've had!!!