Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Creamy and delicious shrimp, Prosciutto and Parmesan filling wrapped in a flaky, buttery, golden puff pastry.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- flour, for dusting
- 1 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cleaned shrimp (rough-chopped)
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto or 1 cup other lean ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F Put oven racks in upper and lower thirds of oven.
- In a separate bowl spray the 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese sparingly with the Olive Oil Spray, then toss with 2 Tablespoons of Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix…set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan, and add onions; cook for 10 minutes until golden and softened. Add the the garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the shrimp, salt, paprika, and pepper; stir well to incorporate, add chives, Prociutto or ham and toss just before removing from the heat; set aside.
- On a lightly floured cutting board using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll one sheet of puff pastry at a time to 1/8-inch thick. Make 8 circles using a cookie cutter from each pastry sheet, totaling 16 dough circles.
- Moisten the rim of the dough with your index finger dipped in water. Spoon 2 tablespoons of filling onto the center of each piece of dough, top with seasoned shredded cheese and fold dough in half, enclosing filling. Press edges together to seal, then crimp with your fingers or with the tines of a fork. Place the empanadas on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly brush empanadas with the egg wash and bake for 18-20 minutes until golden, switching position of sheets halfway through baking from bottom to top rack. Transfer the empanadas to a rack to cool at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.