Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I’ve pondered this for several day, and when that happens I seek the internet……. Shrimp bakes with cheese doesn’t exist, at least the way I had in mind!! This is the list of ingredients of the first attempt…. which as it turns out wasn’t bad, well my wife loved it, but I see it needs refinement!!!!! First of all, I hate using canned soup…. enough said, but I did….
- 10 -12 large pre- cooked shrimp (thawed, and naked!!!)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup (see options)
- 3 green onions, chopped in 1/2 pieces lengths
- mushroom, sliced any type will do
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 pinch salt
- 1 -2 pinch pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, to saute O's, M's and Garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rosemary, more if you dare
- 1⁄4 cup milk, your choice, thins the canned soup
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream, thins the canned soup but adds creaminess
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 -5 slices red peppers, to add color, chopped. (thin slices)
- 1 thinly sliced tomatoes
- Sauté onions, mushrooms, garlic in EVO, to soften.
- In a baking dish, Corel, etc, big enough to accommodate all ingredients add:.
- Soup, milk, heavy cream, sautéed mushrooms, onions, and garlic, shrimp, Feta & ½ of the Cheddar Cheese, stir together. Place Tomato slices on top of mixture, add all remaining cheeses on top, cover with foil or glass lid.
- Bake for 20 to25 minutes at 375, check occasionally, if you’ve use a glass top for, bubbling cheese, and a slight bit of browning.
- Remove from oven, when the time is right and let sit to allow flavors to absorb…….
- Serve with Rice Pilaf and a salad of you liking….say a Caesar! ENJOY!
- Opps, almost forgot the (see options), anytime you can stray away from a canned soup sauce, for a hand-made cream sauce, with butter, flour, milk…. or heavy cream, and in this case, mushrooms, DO SO!
- Fresh is good, natural is better!