Prep 50 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cheesy sauce in meat and potatoes = Yum! :) Nice to eat after a day outside in the snow. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 large roasted garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 8 large potatoes (peeled and cubed 1/2-inch)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots and green beans)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons maggi seasoning
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- In a blender add flour, butter, milk, garlic and first amount of oregano.
- Blend ingredients well about 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into medium pot.
- Heat until thickened and bubbly (about 10 minutes) over medium-high heat stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- In large pot put potatoes in with enough water to cover and bring to boil.
- Cook until potatoes are soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain, mash well.
- Mash in half of cheese mixture until well mixed.
- Scramble fry beef until well browned, drain.
- Add veggies, Worcestershire sauce, oregano and Maggi and rest of cheese sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Put meat mixture into 9x13-inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- Spread potatoes on top of meat mixture and "peak" (like meringue) with back of a spoon or fork.
- Dot potatoes with 2 tbsp of margarine and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 10-30 minutes so meat sets. Mixture will be hot still, it really holds the heat! :).