Recipe by bake_a_holic
Set a platter of these nachos on the table and stand back, as guests dive in! This dish can be used as an appetizer as well as an entree.
- 3⁄4 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes, divided
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 3 cups monterey jack cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; add onion. Cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain well.
- Add 2 cups tomatoes and picante sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncoverd, for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Sprinkle tortilla chips over a 12 inch pizza pan. Top with 2 cups cheese and the sausage mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining tomatoes.